I also want to share a bit of me with you as well. I like to do many different things throughout the day I think because of two reasons; one is because I get bored easily and the other is because I get many different ideas for craft things to make. I favor making things out of containers we bring from the store and throw away when they are empty.
I make mini display chairs out of this cardboard packing material that comes in my COTM package. Here is a picture of one. I make these instead of a basket for gift baskets that I put together that I use to donate to different organizations. There was a basket bingo event held for a local school I attended and this picture was my donation. A friend who tagged along with me heard people saying they thought I had bought the chair. :) That made me feel great.
Each time I make one, I am impressed with myself and that makes me feel good because I am somewhat of a self perfectionist. I do not expect perfection from others but I pretty much do of myself, its something from my childhood where there was no time or excuse for mistakes.
I began crafting in like the year 2001 where I was given a portion of a 2 car garage and was able to purchase power tools such as a scroll saw, hand saw, circular saw, drill, and my favorite a high temp hot glue gun. I use to have HGTV on most of the day acting as my radio as I did my daily duties as a wife and mother.
Crafts became my relief from whatever personal things I was going through at that time which was unseen. I am and always have been a strong person who leaned on nobody other than myself. During this time of my life I was in depression but did not know what was happening, I just knew that something was. I never spoke to anyone about it because I could not explain it and I have always been a "mind over matter" type of person.
I did not know what I was dealing with until a few years ago which is when I was pulling out of it. I fully woke up out of it about 2-1/2 years ago and found myself living a life that was not me nor did I want it. But I tried to change my mind for 2 years and couldn't.
Even though I spent the most part of the last ten years emotionally and mentally messed up I learned many things and one is that I am still a strong person as I use to be. I have always helped people and played the mother role since I was born just about until I became a mother. I loved being and still do love being a mother and now a grandmother (Nana).
My blog will have many different topics because I know of many different things. I will never claim to be an expert of any one thing though but I do know I do my best in everything I do.
I will keep this page about me and my life and perhaps you would feel comfortable enough to speak with me.
Thank you,
Marie Huggins (Myers)
No comments:
Post a Comment